The Rome City Schools Board of Education voted to approve Jacquelin Weed as a new assistant principal of West End Elementary during their February meeting. Weed will begin her new role during the 2022-2023 school year.
Weed has 22 years of professional experience within the Rome City Schools education system. Her teaching skills span elementary and middle grade level subjects such as science, social studies, reading, language arts and Early Intervention programming within self-contained classrooms. She currently serves as Instructional Specialist for Elm Street and West End Elementary.
After earning a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education from Georgia Southern University in 1999, Weed went on to receive her Master of Early Childhood Education from Berry College in 2004, and an Education Specialist degree in Leadership and Administration from Lincoln Memorial University in 2007.
Along the way, Weed has left no opportunity for professional development unseized. Those opportunities include:
- Aspiring Leaders Academy, 2021-2022
- Thinking Maps Training, 2021-2011
- ALL in Math Grades 3-6: Addressing Learning Loss and Exploring the GSE, 2021-2022
- Registered Behavior Technician, 2021
- Student Support Team/MTSS platform training, 2020-2022
- Functional Behavior Assessment Training, 2020
- Orton Gillingham Certification, The Institute for Multi-Sensory Education (IMSE), 2019
- ELL CO-Teaching Workshop, 2018
- Jennifer Serravallo Reading and Writing Strategies Conference, 2017
- KBIT/DAB-4 Training, 2016
- Differentiated Reading Institute, 2015
- Children's Literature Conference, 2015
- Positive Behavior Interventions Supports Conference, 2014
- GA Educational Technology Conference, 2014
Weed holds certifications for Reading Endorsement, Middle Grades Reading and Language Arts, Educational Leadership (P-12), and Early Childhood Education (P-5).
Along with her teaching and specialist roles within the system, Weed has maintained a long list of leadership, committee and team roles including but not limited to Student Support Team Coordinator, House system/PBIS Committee, Grade Level and School Wide Response Intervention Coordinator, Title-I School Wide Leadership Team, and Superintendent’s Advisory Committee.
Join us in welcoming Jacquelin Weed to West End Elementary.